Trip Lasts 3 Hours
Easy to Participate
Any Age can participate
What is a Family Winter Fun Day Outing?
Take the stress out of planning and gathering winter gear and leave all the prep work to us. This is a guided family outing in the snow! With a featured snowshoe hike through the winter wonderlands of Alaska! Followed by a sledding activity for the whole family. As we move between the activities, we will have a warming area with hot drinks, a fire, and of course, warm blankets. So come on out to a fun day for the whole family to enjoy and stave off the winter-caused cabin fever.
What is included
Snowshoe rentals, snacks, hot drinks (instant coffee, hot chocolate, apple cider) guided snowshoe hike though a winter wonder land, and most importantly a warm fire to hang around with chairs and warm blankets to keep the cold at bay.
What to expect
A typical itinerary for this trip includes the following.
- Meet and greet around a warm fire and get your hot drinks and snacks
- Brief instruction on snowshoeing basics and safety considerations
- Depart for a guided hike (routes and location change from month to month)
- Hikes last anywhere from 2 -3 hours depending on the location
- Finish the hike with some more social time around the fire with your family and friends.
What is the cost
Meeting on site of hike $150 per group up to 4 people. Additoinal people can be added for extra fees
Pick up in Anchorach Area $200 per group
What to bring
- Dress in warm layers of clothing
- Winter hat
- Winter coat
- Snow pants
- Bring family and freinds!